|Title:||Principal Software Engineering Lead|
Principal Software Engineering Lead
PRT Greenbelt, Maryland
Pearl River Technologies is seeking a full-time senior software developer with the desire to lead projects and manage development teams of 4-6 individuals within NASA’s Flight Dynamics Facility (FDF), a real-time mission control center that supports more than half of NASA’s spacecraft and many civilian satellites. As such, the lead will be responsible for the development of real-time solutions that directly affect current and future space missions such as James Webb Space Telescope, the premier observatory of the next decade.
60% software leadership, 40% hands-on development
Specific areas of support will include:
Leading small to mid-size software development teams through an Agile software development lifecycle
Providing technical mentorship and in-house training to software development staff of all skill levels
- Identifying new software methods and opportunities from public, private, academia and industry practices to improve FDF software and architecture
- Developing, coding, testing, and troubleshooting software on a real-time operational system with a focus on quality, performance, scalability, and maintainability while mentoring others to do the same
- Preparing for and presenting to stakeholders at engineering milestone reviews for approval
- Ensuring adherence to configuration management policies and procedures
US citizenship required / EEO/AA / E-Verify Participation.
- Track record of building, developing, and leading development teams through mid-size software projects using an Agile approach; may request supporting artifacts
- Demonstrated ability and passion to motivate, mentor, and lead software developers of all skill levels
- Expert Server-side development skills using C/C++, C# and/or Java (excluding web development)
- Must have delivered complete software products; may request supporting artifacts
Understanding of development within a service-oriented architecture (SOA)
Experience in design and implementation of MVC architectures with client/server environments
- Experience with scalable cloud services (AWS, EC2, Azure, Heroku, etc.)
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python or Perl
- Familiarity with at least one Web Stack framework such as Angular, ReactJS, or Django
- Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite including JIRA, Confluence & Bitbucket
7-12 years’ professional experience in software development, with ever-increasing responsibilities including leading a software team and/or project.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related degree from a recognized institution.
Greenbelt, MD (NASA Goddard Space Flight Center)
A security clearance is not required at time of hire, though must qualify for a clearance at a later date. As such, applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements (including US Citizenship) for access to classified information.