|Title:||HR Position Classification Specialist|
|Location:||Stennis Space Center, MS|
HR Position Classification Specialist
This position requires direct experience in performing classification services. Federal experience as a civil servant or contractor is a must. Qualified candidates can work remotely. Position offers competitive salary.
- Serve as a Position Classifier with responsibility for performing classification services and position management assignments for NASA
- Provide expertise to managers on a broad range of position management problems/issues and detailed position analysis.
- Evaluate positions by reference to applicable Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Position Classification/Job Grading Standards determining pay plan, occupational series, grade and title and prepare appropriate evaluation statements.
- Perform position reviews and desk audits, gather information and make classification determinations on positions.
- Perform classification reviews by gathering information through audits, discussions with supervisors, and reviewing classification standards and organization charts.
- Review and ensure personnel changes and position authorization requirements are accurately reflected.
- Edit and proofread actions for accuracy, formatting, style and compliance with regulations and NASA policies.
- Resolve problems caused by personnel actions or reorganization.
- Experience classifying a variety of positions up to GS15 level
- The employee shall have knowledge and experience applying applicable Office of Personnel Management (OPM) classification laws, regulations and standards for a variety of positions up to GS-15 level.
- Working knowledge of Office of Personnel Management (OPM) classification standards, grade evaluation guides, and policies, experience with the NASA Supplemental Classification System, including Aerospace Technology (AST).
- Experience in dealing with highly complex engineering, scientific and technology positions, must be able to investigate, research, and analyze the work of complex organizations and the interrelationships with other organizations.